Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lessons in Love

Cover Image

Title: The Hills- Lessons in Love
Author: Lila Stewart
Release: November 2008
Publisher: MTV Books
Price: $14.00 USD PB

Grade: B
Rating: 14+

Summary: (From Amazon.com)
Do you have trouble with casual dating but put everything you have into your serious relationships, like Lauren? Are you careful and cautious before diving into a new romance, like Whitney? Do you put yourself on the line for rebellious guys, like Audrina? Do you charge ahead at full speed when you meet the guy of your dreams, like Heidi?
The girls of The Hills are no strangers to dating's ups and downs, and now they're revealing their innermost secrets about guys, romance, and relationships to their fans. From where to look (or not look) for boyfriend material to whether or not you should kiss on the first date, each girl has a unique dating style -- and plenty of stories to share. Lauren, Whitney, Audrina, and Heidi dish on the rules they live by, the truth behind their most notorious relationships, and how you can avoid dating's perils and find the guy who's right for you.


My Thoughts:
The other day I was wandering through my local Borders and browsed the clearance shelves. They had this book for $4.00 and it was also buy 1, get 1 free time. I also bought Prey. Two books for $4.00 is awesome. I had never even heard of this book before but when I saw this I knew I had to have it. Come on, we can’t deny that we are drawn to the drama of The Hills even if it is possibly scripted. I loved the honesty in the stories the girls told. They were so open with their dating lives, it was fantastic to read. They also had quizzes to tell you who you are most like, I’m an Audrina.

Recommendation:
All teen and college age girls should read this. It has romance and self-help mixed in one package deal.

No comments: