Monday, August 3, 2020

7 years later.....





Woah. It's been 7 years since I've logged into this blog. This used to be my baby. I spent so many hours writing and networking. So many more hours reading. This blog provided me with some amazing opportunities! Meeting more authors than I can count; Suzanne Young, Alexa Young, Jay Asher, and Molly Ringwald (yes, THE Molly Ringwald), just to name a few.

Over the last 7 years I never stopped reading, though my tastes grew up with me. I spend way more time in adult fiction, with only an occasional young adult break. I’ve discovered my love for thrillers, a genre I always assumed I would hate. I’ve run an online book club where I have read books that I would have never picked myself.

What else have I been up to? Well, you may remember when I left, I was going to start nursing school and we were thinking about starting our family. I did not end up going back to school. Instead we moved across the country and my husband got a job that allows me to stay home with our girls. Yes, we had girls! 6 years ago, we welcomed identical twin girls. 19 months later their little sister joined the party. Raising these girls has been an absolute blast. We don’t think we are done but we had wanted to wait awhile before having more. During this interlude I have had the pleasure of being entrusted with carrying 2 sweet babies for other families.

Gestational surrogacy is something that has always been on my heart. After delivering the 1st surrogate baby I was offered a position as a case manager at a surrogacy agency. I couldn’t say no to the opportunity to support other women on this beautiful path, so I do that part-time, from my home office.

Recently my husband has been encouraging me to write again. He was there with me when I gave up this blog, so he remembers how hard that was. He also remembers how much fun I had doing this. So, with his encouragement, I am back to give this another try. Maybe nobody will read this anymore. Maybe I’ll be writing just for myself. But even so, that’s okay.

No comments: