Saturday, October 30, 2010

Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Stephenie Meyer
Little Brown
$9.99
June 2010
FTC: This is a library book. I am not being compensated in any manner for my review.

Characters 20/20
Plot 20/20
Setting 20/20
Cover 15/20
Ending 15/20
Total grade: 90% A

Sexual content: mild
Violence: extreme
Drugs: n/a
Underage drinking: n/a
Swearing: mild
Total rating: 16+



Summary:
Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.

My Thoughts:
I adored this book. It was nice to get some Twilight, minus the Bella whining we usually are drowned in. I felt this book was written much better. I think that with the original four Stephenie was trying to fill to many pages but this was a great length for her.

I read this on my way to California for the WeHo Bookfair (oh how long ago). It was an easy car book as it dint require to much thinking and kept me captive. It's nice when you can lose an hour of a long drive in a book.

The only things I didn't like were the cover and ending. The cover was really dull and lifeless. I wish it had more life to it. The ending was expected but I still didn't like it. I just wish she could have took the story in a different direction.

I recommend this book to Twilight fans.

1 comment:

Simply_Megan said...

I pretty much agree with you. I was so glad not to listen to Bella whining for once, but the book was still weak.