Tuesday, September 13, 2011

unSweetined

Today I leave for a week in Austin, Texas! I will reply to all emails when I return!



Cover Image


Summary:


Jodie Sweetin melted our hearts and made us laugh for eight years as cherub-faced, goody-two-shoes middle child Stephanie Tanner. Her ups and downs seemed not so different from our own, but more than a decade after the popular television show ended, the star publicly revealed her shocking recovery from methamphetamine addiction. Even then, she kept a painful secret—one that could not be solved in thirty minutes with a hug, a stern talking-to, or a bowl of ice cream around the family table. The harrowing battle she swore she had won was really just beginning. In this deeply personal, utterly raw, and ultimately inspiring memoir, Jodie comes clean about the double life she led—the crippling identity crisis, the hidden anguish of juggling a regular childhood with her Hollywood life, and the vicious cycle of abuse and recovery that led to a relapse even as she wrote this book. Finally, becoming a mother gave her the determination and the courage to get sober. With resilience, charm, and humor, she writes candidly about taking each day at a time. Hers is not a story of success or defeat, but of facing your demons, finding yourself, and telling the whole truth



My Thoughts:


I have recently enjoyed more biographies and autobiographies than ever before. This was by far the best one I have read. I grew up on Full House. I would come home from kindergarten and a rerun was on. I watched it every day! Now I’m not that little five year old (just like young Stephanie) so I can comprehend she was a real person outside of the Stephanie character. I enjoyed how open and real she was with her book.


This is a wonderful book for every 16+ to read. There is a lot of drug use, sex, and underage drinking. You will get a wonderful reminder that the actors we see on TV are people too. We have to give them space and let them grow. We tend to verbally bash them for every choice they make and it becomes unhealthy.


I give this an A+!


No comments: