Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Wishlist

For all my new followers, Wednesday Wishlist is a post where I spotlight a book that is already out and sometimes has been for years. It is a book that I do not have but I would love to read.

thinandbeautiful.comTitle: thinandbeautiful.com      
Author: Liane Shaw                
Publisher: Second Story Press
Release: 9/1/2009                  








Synopsis:
    Seventeen-year-old Maddy has always felt a hole in her life, but she has finally found a way to fill it with her quest to mold her body into her ideal, thinnest shape. When she comes across the world of "pro-ana" websites, where young people encourage each other in their mission to lose ever more weight, she realizes she is no longer alone. Finally, she has found a place where she is understood. Maddy quickly becomes addicted to the support and camaraderie she finds on thinandbeautiful.com. Now in a rehab facility where they are trying to "fix" a problem she doesn't think she has, Maddy's diary entries trace how she arrived at this point. Angry that she is barred from accessing her online friends, only the tragic consequences that come to one of her comrades in arms is enough to shock her into admitting that she does need help.




Why I want to read it:
Eating disorders are another topic that fascinates me. Though I have never suffered from one myself I have had someone close to me battle one. The psychology behind it is just baffling. Fiction books about it really get my brain working overtime.

2 comments:

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I agree-this book looks really interesting. I've read a couple of books with eating disorders but I'm always on the lookout for more.

Mary said...

Nice choice, this book does look interesting. I'll have to check it out later! Thanks for stopping by. New follower! :)

Mary @ Books Equal Brains