Friday, December 12, 2008

Model

Pretty Girl. Ugly Business.

Title: Model
Author: Cheryl Diamond
Age: 14+
Rating: 4.5/ 5

From the back:
Every year, hundreds of the most beautiful people in the world come to New York to become models. At age fourteen, Cheryl Diamond was one of them.
Living on her own in a run-down apartment, Cheryl spent her days on go-sees, runways and photoshoots. She watched other girls make mistakes, and swore she wouldn't be a victim... until a career-altering event changed her life and nearly ruined her shot at her dream.

My thoughts:
With so many memoirs the story is boring. Nobody cares what you had for breakfast, move on. That was not the case with Model. I am one of those read in the bathtub girls and this book hade me taking hour long baths. Inspirational and entertaining wrapped in the same package. Model read like a novel but gave off a certain strength only a memoir could give.

Overall grade:
Overall rating:

4 comments:

Simply_Megan said...

I loved this book! I thought it was going to be about Cheryl getting into drugs, weight issues, etc, but it really was an inspiring story!

anotherpageisused said...

I want to read this now. =]
Good Review. =]

Lexi <3.

Shalonda said...

I am going to read this one soon. Glad you liked it.

di said...

Sounds really good. And such a beautiful cover.

~bella aire~