Saturday, May 22, 2010

Far From You

Cover Image

Far From You

Lisa Scroeder
Simon Pulse
$15.99 HB/ $7.99 PB
December 2008
FTC: This is my book. I am not being compensated in any manner for my review.

Characters 20/20
Plot 20/20
Setting 20/20
Cover 20/20 *hardcover*
Ending 20/20
Total grade: 100% A

Sexual content: mild
Violence: none
Drugs: none
Underage drinking: none
Swearing: moderate
Total rating: 13+

Summary: (Amazon)
Lost and alone...down the rabbit hole.
Years have passed since Alice lost her mother to cancer, but time hasn't quite healed the wound. Alice copes the best she can by writing her music, losing herself in her love for her boyfriend, and distancing herself from her father and his new wife.
But when a deadly snowstorm traps Alice with her stepmother and newborn half sister, she'll face issues she's been avoiding for too long. As Alice looks to the heavens for guidance, she discovers something wonderful.
Perhaps she's not so alone after all....

My Thoughts:
I absolutely adore Lisa. I have met her quite a few times now and each time I am in aw of how awesome she is. There is something spunky to her personality yet she also gives off the best friend/ motherly trust vibe. I also adored this book.

Far From You was adorable and the last half had me gripping my seat and not letting go. I bought this at her book signing for Chasing Brooklyn and I can’t believe I let myself go a couple months without it. Remember when you were a kid and used to imagine these crazy and extreme stories? This book reminded me of them and brought me back to that time.

Everyone should read this.

3 comments:

Godlybandgeek07 said...

I think this is my favorite one of all. I agree the ending was intense!

Rowena said...

What a beautiful cover and a great review! Thanks, this book is definitely going on my TBR list! Thanks for the heads up!

Bookworm said...

GORGEOUS cover!