Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shopaholic Ties the Knot


Cover Image


Shopaholic Ties the Knot

Sophie Kinsella

Delta

$11.95

Release:

FTC: This is my book. I am not being compensated in any manner for my review of this book.


Characters 20/20

Plot 10/20

Setting 15/20

Cover 15/20

Ending 20/20

Total grade: 80% B


Sexual content: mild

Violence: none

Drugs: none

Underage drinking: none

Swearing: heavy

Total rating: 14+


Summary: (Amazon)

Life has been good for Becky Bloomwood: She’s become the best personal shopper at Barneys, she and her successful entrepreneurial boyfriend, Luke, are living happily in Manhattan’s West Village, and her new next-door neighbor is a fashion designer! But with her best friend, Suze, engaged, how can Becky fail to notice that her own ring finger is bare? Not that she’s been thinking of marriage (or diamonds) or anything . . . Then Luke proposes! Bridal registries dance in Becky’s head. Problem is, two other people are planning her wedding: Becky’s overjoyed mother has been waiting forever to host a backyard wedding, with the bride resplendent in Mum’s frilly old gown. While Luke’s high-society mother is insisting on a glamorous, all-expenses-paid affair at the Plaza. Both weddings for the same day. And Becky can’t seem to turn down either one. Can everyone’s favorite shopaholic tie the knot before everything unravels?


My Thoughts:

To be honest I was pretty disappointed with this book. I thought the first installment was good, the second amazing, but this one was just so-so. It took to long to get going and once it did it just seemed too out of control. I love Becky but I don’t think anyone would let their life spiral that far out of control.


I still adored the characters and the story was at times fun but it was not keeping me attached. I actually was ready for it to end. That made me super sad since I adored the last book.


I recommend this to fans of the series.

No comments: