Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Possessed


Cover Image

Possessed

Kate Cann

Point

$16.99

February 2010

FTC: I received this from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.


Characters 20/20

Plot 20/20

Setting 20/20

Cover 15/20

Ending 20/20

Total grade: 95% A


Sexual content: mild

Violence: heavy

Drugs: none

Underage drinking: heavy (but I’m not sure if it’s legal to drink at 16 where they are)

Swearing: moderate

Total rating: 15+


Summary: (Amazon)

Rayne can't wait to start her summer job at a remote country mansion, far from the crowded, noisy London she so desperately wants to escape. But the retreat soon turns into a nightmare -- the mansion is creepy, the legends of ghosts keep Rayne up at night, and she doesn't feel safe anywhere.

Can Rayne figure out why she's so freaked -- before she becomes a ghost story herself?


My Thoughts:

Maybe I’m converting to the dark side or maybe this book was really just that great? I usually don’t like scary books or books I don’t find real to life but this one was great! The characters were each well developed and I could feel a strong emotional connection to them. It was as if they were real, living and breathing people, not a work of fiction.


The plot was superb and not one that was easily predictable. Throughout the whole thing I was left guessing what was to come. It wasn’t any of my original predictions, that’s for sure. The setting added to the fantastic plot. I felt like I was there, it sent shivers down my spine. The cover was lacking in many ways but I guess it was alright. Average at best. I think they could have portrayed the story with a different one much better.


As for the ending, delicious! I thought it was perfect and unexpected.


So what do I have to say? “Lock your doors, turn on the lights. This book will have you shivering in your seat.”

2 comments:

Bethany said...

The cover looks creepy ;)

Laina said...

France and Italy you can drink at 16, in the UK it's 18 but 16 in restaurants according to google.

18 or 19 in Canada, depending on province.