Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mystery at Lilac Inn

The Mystery at the Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew)

Carolyn Keene

Grosset and Dunlap

$4.95

FTC: This is my book. I am not being compensated in any manner for my review.


Characters 20/20

Plot 20/20

Setting 20/20

Cover 20/20

Ending 20/20

Total grade: 100% A


Total rating: child


Summary: (Amazon)

Teenage detective Nancy Drew finds herself in danger when she sets out to track a jewel thief.


My Thoughts:

How can you read a Nancy Drew book and not love it? It may be a “child” series but I’m 16 and I still love them. They are fun mysteries that are not too scary and gory. The reading level is low but there is some language that may be unfamiliar to kids since these were written so long ago.


This one was especially good. The mystery kept me guessing until the very end. I would recommend these to everyone. We all need some brave feminine characters on our bookshelves (:

No comments: