Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wherever Nina Lies

Cover Image

Wherever Nina Lies

Lynn Weingarten
Point
$8.99
February 2010 (Paperback)
FTC: I received this from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.

Characters 20/20
Plot 20/20
Setting 15/20
Cover 20/20
Ending 20/20
Total grade: 95% A

Sexual content: moderate
Violence: moderate
Drugs: none
Underage drinking: moderate
Swearing: heavy
Total rating: 16+

Summary: (Amazon)
Ellie’s attempts to live a normal life since the disappearance of her beloved older sister, Nina, have been futile. Every time the 16-year-old manages to get it together, a new but ultimately worthless clue emerges, returning her to despair. Even her best friend, Amanda, is losing patience. So it is a relief that Sean enters Ellie’s life just as she discovers a drawing done by Nina with a phone number embedded in the design. Sean proposes a road trip to find Nina, and Ellie jumps at the chance in spite of having met him only days before. Murder, mystery, and romance all wrap into a road trip.

My Thoughts:
I honestly enjoyed this book. It was fun, gripping, and had me on my toes. The characters were quirky but very well described. I felt that I personally knew each and every one of them. Ellie reminded me a lot of my little sister. The plot was uncommon and not very predictable. Aspects of it I was able to call from the start but everything was always changing and left me guessing. I felt that there was a bit lacking in the setting but it was probably as good as could be for a road trip. The cover makes you want to know just what is hiding behind that girls eyes. As for the ending… OMG!

I was appalled to find out my 13 year old (7th grade) cousin had read this book but it is an amazing book for the older teens and those with a higher maturity level.

No comments: