Saturday, August 27, 2011

Twisted


Cover Image

Summary:

It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The pretty little liars have more secrets than ever—twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild.

Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship.

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore . . . eventually.



My Thoughts:
I use to love this series. Friends and I would anxiously await the arrival of the next book. I remember finding the 4th book a week before it was supposed to come out and I was super excited. Now I find the series to be blah. It should of ended after four books, I was satisfied, as were all my friends. It became eight books. It really should have ended there. it all want downhill after book 5. Now There are to be 12 books and I am not excited! The series has become ruined for me. Yes, I will read them all but I won't be pounding down the bookstore for them. I don't like how repetitive and strange they have become. I also don't like all the game playing about the series being over.

That being said, this was an okay book. I still recommend the series to people. Many of my reading hating friends love this series. As long as people read, then wonderful. I would give this book a B, which might be too generous. I also rate it 15+, for extreme violence, and some implied sexual content.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I liked books 1-8, but I agree...it should have ended there. This one was just strange.