Saturday, September 15, 2012

Review: Crazy by Amy Reed


Crazy                                                  
Title: Crazy
Author: Amy Reed
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Price: $16.99
Release: 6/12/2012

Grade: C
Audience: Teens




Summary:
    Connor knows that Izzy will never fall in love with him the way he’s fallen for her. But somehow he’s been let into her crazy, exhilarating world and become her closest confidante. But the closer they get, the more Connor realizes that Izzy’s highs are too high and her lows are too low. And the frenetic energy that makes her shine is starting to push her into a much darker place.

    As Izzy’s behavior gets increasingly erratic and self-destructive, Connor gets increasingly desperate to stop her from plummeting. He knows he can’t save her from her pain...but what if no one else can?

My thoughts:
    I am sad to say I was disappointed with this book. I had read Beautiful when it came out and recently read Clean. I adored both of those books. I wan instantly drawn in and didn't want them to end. That was not the case with this book. I brought it to work, hoping to devour a good chunk of it during lunch. Shortly after starting to read I had to stop. That was how I read the whole book, with breaks every so often.

    Izzy came across as super whiny at the start. I could not like her or feel sorry for her as hard as I tried. The way she told her story frustrated me to no end.  I finally had to step back and remind myself that this is just a book, something I hate to do!

    My feelings for Connor fluctuated. Sometimes I could tolerate him and other times I was annoyed with him. He too could be whiny. There were a few moments when I thought he was generally a good guy.

    The story was all over a lot. I believe this was because it was written in emails. It was hard to keep everything moving in the same direction. I have seen it done in other books though, so I know it is possible. I wish there would be been more focus and not so much all over the place stuff going on.

     The lack of direction at points and my dislike of Izzy are what made my rating a C.









No comments: