Friday, March 27, 2009

Fab Friday

This week we have Kristi from www.thestorysiren.com

Why did you start it?
I guess for a couple reasons. I already had a personal blog, where a did a few book reviews every once in awhile. It was a little bit after that, that I found some acutal book blogs. And I thought to myself "hey I should do that!" I expected my family and friends to be my only visitors....

How many people subscribe?
I’m not really all that sure. I have 180 or so followers, and I get an average of 400-500 visitors a day. Which continues to blow my mind!

Any advice for new bloggers?
I have tons! Not that I’m an expert or anything, but I’ve picked up a few things here and there. I have a few posts I’ve done, a guest post at Harmony book reviews: http://harmonybookreviews.wordpress.com/2008/09/13/review-guest-blog-the-story-siren/
I’ve also done a few posts at my blog that might be helpful: Book Blog Ettiqute: http://www.thestorysiren.com/2008/12/book-blog-etiquette.html and How Do You Get all Those Books?: http://www.thestorysiren.com/2008/12/how-did-you-get-all-those-books.html

What is your favorite review you have written?
Hmm.... that’s a hard one. I really don’t know if I have a favorite, because honestly I’m not all that impressed with my reviews. I did have fun writing my review for Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston.

Can we have a snipet?
"I loved it, I LOVED it. I love it so much I want to marry it. If you are a fan of faerie books, you’ll want to read this one. If you’ve tried faerie books before, but didn’t like them, you’ll want to read this. If you aren’t a fan of faerie books, you’ll still want to read it. It’s that good.

Incredible characters, incredible writing, incredible plot. It was really just so fricking fantastic, it’s hard to find the words to describe it. I never in a million years would have guessed this was a debut novel. The key to my heart is great characters and story line, and this book had it all and then some. Even the minor characters stood out to me, and they were fascinating."

Thanks for having me!! :)

Thank YOU Kristi!

2 comments:

Emily said...

This was great!

Kd said...

Good Interview! Kristi has so many followers and Views a DAY! That blows my mind as well, especially since she only thought that friends and family would check out her blog! Is this Ironic or an Oxymoron? I can never tell the difference.