Saturday, September 19, 2009

Boy's "R" Us

Cover Image
Title: Boy’s “R” Us
Author: Lisi Harrison
Publisher: Poppy
Price: $9.99 USD
Release: July 2009

Grade: B
Rating: 12+
Summary: (Barnes and Noble)
Massie and the Pretty Committee are on the outs: Alicia wanted to take over the cheerleaders, Dylan and Kirsten stole her crushes, and Claire just wants to be Switzerland - as in never choosing sides. Alicia forms her own group, with herself as the alpha, and makes it all about her girls and their crushes. They call themselves Soul M8s. With the boys moving back to their old but wickedly improved school, the girls can't help but be miserable without them. Luckily, Alicia has a few events planned. Can her events top Massie's previous ones? And will Massie take this new group lying down, or does the premiere alpha have something huge up her sleeve that will guarantee her status once and for all?

My Thoughts:
6the grade was the year I first indulged in The Clique series. I was quickly caught up with all of the released novels in the series. 5 years later I am still satisfying my Clique cravings.
If I’m so in love with The Clique you might be wondering why I gave it a B, not an A. The answer is simple to me. It’s time for this series to end. Yes, I love this series but it has got to the point where continuing would destroy the series. Things such as plotline have gotten way to repetitive. We can only watch Massie fall so many times. I love Lisi and her writing style but its time for her to move on and leave The Clique girls behind.
I do recommend this series, don’t get me wrong. This series got my 12 year old sister reading, for that I am thankful. I would tell any middle school girl to give them a try. Some high school girls might enjoy this series as well. There are parts that flash us back to those hard, dramatic middle school days.

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

I love these books, too, but they are getting repetitive. Still, I can't say no to a Clique book!

PS. Have you checked out ALPHAS by Lisi yet?

Unknown said...

Keep up the great work, it is always interesting to pop over and see what your reading and what you think.

Barry Eva (Storyheart)
Author of "Across the Pond"

Blog: http://acrossthepond-storyheart.blogspot.com