Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Learning the Ropes

Title: Learning the Ropes
Author: Amanda Christie
Publisher: Random House
Price: $4.99 USD PB
Release: 2001

Grade: B
Rating: 12+
Summary: Barnes and Noble
Lucy goes to Washington! Her student court group has a date to be shown around the nation's capital for an entire weekend by an important politician. But before Lucy can ask all the questions she's written down in anticipation, she quickly learns that politicians aren't always that easy to get hold of. In the meantime, Simon wants to be an entrepreneur, so he decides to baby-sit for one of Ruthie's friends. But the job becomes more difficult than he ever expected.

My thoughts:
7th Heaven has forever been my favorite TV show. The love of a family is shown so vividly. Who hasn’t wanted to be at some point in their life? When I discovered a 7th Heaven book I hadn’t read I was super excited. This installment focused on Lucy and Simon. I was excited because Lucy is my favorite character. It was a great book but not my favorite 7th Heaven novel.

Recommendation:
Middle School kids or 7th Heaven fans.

No comments: