Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday Wishlist

Cover Image


by Laurie Faria Stolarz,

What?

High atop Hathorne Hill, near Boston, sits Danvers State Hospital. Built in 1878 and closed in 1992, this abandoned mental institution is rumored to be the birthplace of the lobotomy. On the eve of the hospital’s demolition, six teens break in to spend the night and film a movie about their experiences. For Derik, it’s an opportunity to win a filmmaking contest and save himself from a future of flipping burgers at his parents’ diner. For the others, it’s a chance to be on TV, or a night with no parents. But what starts as a dare quickly escalates into a nightmare. Behind the crumbling walls, down every dark passageway, and in each deserted room, they will unravel the mysteries of those who once lived there and the spirits who still might.

Why?
It sounds hella creepy but I am starting to really enjoy books about things being "haunted". I think from what I've seen that this is another good one.

2 comments:

Silvia said...

I love the Touch Novels by Laurie so far and I've really enjoyed the first book of the Blue is for Nightmares series so I think I'll try this one when I have time^^

Anonymous said...

Sounds super creepy which is awesome. I swear I've added, like, 20 books to my TBR pile in the last 10 minutes haha. I love WOW.