Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shopaholic and Sister

Cover Image


Summary:
What’s a round-the-world honeymoon if you can’t buy the odd souvenir to ship back home? Like the twenty silk dressing gowns Becky found in Hong Kong…the hand-carved dining table (and ten chairs) from Sri Lanka…the, um, huge wooden giraffes from Malawi (that her husband Luke expressly forbade her to buy)… Only now Becky and Luke have returned home to London and Luke is furious. Two truckloads of those souvenirs have cluttered up their loft, and the bills for them are outrageous. Luke insists Becky go on a budget. And worse: her beloved best friend Suze has found a new best friend while Becky was away. Becky’s feeling rather blue—when her parents deliver some incredible news. She has a long-lost sister! Becky is thrilled! She’s convinced her sister will be a true soulmate. They’ll go shopping together, have manicures together.…Until she meets Jessica for the first time and gets the shock of her life. Surely Becky Bloomwood’s sister can’t…hate shopping?

My Thoughts:
I love love love the shopaholic series! I do not read the series straight through because I want to cherish it. I love it so much. My fiance and I decided to watch Bridget Jones (Edge of Reason) and after that I couldn't put this book off any longer. I needed my Becky fix.

The shenanigans she gets herself into are hilarious. There are points in this book where you can not help but crack up. There are also points where you want to scream and call her an idiot. In the end though, you have read a superb work of fiction, one that tops the rest.

I recommend you read this series. I give it a big, fat, A++! I would also rate it 14+, mostly for language. There are a few adult themes in them as well.

No comments: