Friday, November 7, 2008

Burned


Title: Burned
Author: Ellen Hopkins
Age: 14+
Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

From the back:
After A while she asked
did you ever wish you were
someone else?
"All the time.
Who'd want to be me?"
I would. Your smarter
than most, Patty.
"Whats so great about
being smart?"
God has something in mind
for you. Something Special.
"You think God would let
a girl do something special?"
Not every girl. Maybe just
you. Your different.
I felt different. Still
"How do you know?"
I can see it in your eyes
when they stop and stare.
"What?" What could she
see, buried inside of me?
Your not like the rest
of us. Your not afraid.

-----From Burned

My thoughts:
I completely enjoyed this novel. It was not the usual happy romance that we always seem to find. Pattyn is a woman in which we can find both love and hate. We will experience ever emotion and you'll probably want to cry at points through out. There is some sexual content but until the last quarter or so of the book its not a main focus. The reason I deducted half a point in my rating is the ending. I like books who finish it up. It didn't leave you feeling like there could be a sequel and it just didn't conclude. To many things were left unfinished.

overall grade:
overall rating:

No comments: