Friday, July 17, 2009

Lovestruck Summer

Cover Image

Title: Lovestruck Summer
Author: Melissa Walker

Grade: A
Rating: PG


Summary: (From Amazon)

Austin music fest
Yay, summer in Austin!
Good food, good times. Fun for everyone!
Okay, living with my sorority-brainwashed cousin, who willingly goes by "Party Penny," is not exactly what I had in mind.
All your favorite bands
But the cute musicians I've met totally make up for it . . . like Sebastian. Swoon.
All ages welcome
So why can't I stop thinking about Penny's friend All-American Russ and his Texas twang??
Saturday & Sunday, from noon to midnight
Don't wait up!


My thoughts:
There was one aspect of this novel I couldn’t get over. I was just in Austin, Texas about three weeks ago and so I was still connected. It was super the author included real Austin things. The whole “keep Austin weird” thing is not made up. They have shirts all over that say that. The only tourist town where they all say that instead of “I love Austin”. Trust me, I know, I spent a whole day looking for an I love Austin shirt since my boyfriends name is Austin.

The romance I admit was extremely predictable but cute all the same. I was gawking at how adorable it was the whole time. It’s the kind of book that makes you appreciate relationships you in or realize you could have better. We all need an escape from our boys from time to time. What better then a cowboy frat type to help you escape?

Recommendation: Music fans everywhere :)

What I was listening to as I wrote: Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship and Leighton Meester

No comments: