Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Wishlist

Wednesday Wishlist is a feature I started years ago when I began reviewing. I spotlight a book that has been out for some time that I am dying to read and review. If you have reviewed the book I am spotlighting please feel free to leave me a link to your review. I would love to read what you think.


Not That Kind of GirlNot That Kind of Girl
Siobhan Vivian
Scholastic
9/1/2011











Synopsis: 
Natalie Sterling wants to be in control. She wants her friends to be loyal. She wants her classmates to elect her student council president. She wants to find the right guy, not the usual jerk her school has to offer. She wants a good reputation, because she believes that will lead to good things.

But life is messy, and it's very hard to be in control of it. Not when there are freshman girls running around in a pack, trying to get senior guys to sleep with them. Not when your friends have secrets they're no longer comfortable sharing. Not when the boy you once dismissed ends up being the boy you wants to sleep with yourself - but only in secret, with nobody ever finding out.

Slut or saint? Winner or loser? Natalie is getting tired of these forced choices - and is now going to find a way to live life in the sometimes messy, sometimes wonderful in-between.

Why I want to review Not That Kind of Girl:
This sounds like a great book about the way choices effect us. I hated high school. You never knew which friendships you could trust and how the rumor mill would get going. I like books about girls struggling to find their identity in high school because it is so hard to do so.

3 comments:

Joli @ Actin' Up with Books said...

YES!! You must read this book. It is one of my favorites. It's not so mean girlish but it is about finding your identity. A great pick!

Elin said...

Never read this boook. But it looks great:)

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I really liked this book. Be careful if you check this out from the library though-I got comments from the librarian when I did.