Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Comeback

Cover Image
The Comeback
Marlene Perez
Point
$8.99 USD
August 2009
FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review with no compensation.

Characters 20/20
Plot 20/20
Setting 18/20
Cover 20/20
Ending 20/20
Total grade: 98% A


Sexual content: 1020
Violence: 0/20
Drugs: 0/20
Underage drinking: 5/20
Swearing: 5/20
Total rating: 13+


Summary: (Amazon)
Sophie Donnelly is one half of the most popular and powerful couple in school, until new girl Angie Vogel shows up and compromises everything. Angie steals Sophie's starring role in the school play, and, worse, her super-popular boyfriend. Sophie has been quickly dispatched to social Siberia, but not for long--she'll do anything it takes to make a triumphant comeback.

My Thoughts:
To be honest when I started this book I told my friend I thought it was dull. I admit that I was only on page 20. Then the plot came at me fast and I fell deeply in love. In love with a unique plot and great characters.

Dev and Sophie were adorable. Their story line was very predictable but I’m a sucker for those cheesy romances! They were the people you rooted for the whole way through. I also loved how Sophie changes through the story. She makes some important realizations.

I recommend this book to those of you who want an awesome girly romance with a twist.

Quotes:

Here is a random quote I found by opening to a random page:

“At this rate, everything will be melted by the time he gets back to the table.”

3 comments:

Nicole Settle said...

Nice review! If I'm ever in need of fluff, I know what to read :)

Morgan said...

It does sound very cute and good. I'll defiantly check this one out.

anotherpageisused said...

I totally agree with your review!

I read this book awhile ago, but it was good and I still remember some parts from it.

Great review!

-Lexi (: