Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Virginity Club

Cover Image
The Virginity Club
Kate Brian
Simon Pulse
$5.99 USD
April 2008 (for the newer edition, older is called The V Club)
FTC: This is my book. I am not being compensated in anyway for reviewing this novel.

Characters 10/20
Plot 15/20
Setting 15/20
Cover 20/20
Ending 20/20
Total grade: 80% B


Total rating: 14+

Summary: (Amazon)
Mandy, Kai, Debbie, and Eva have one thing they must do before graduation...win the prestigious Treemont scholarship. It's a free pass to the college of their choice. But the award has one very bizarre requirement; "Purity of soul and body."

In an effort to proclaim their "purity" to the whole school, Mandy starts the Virginity Club. The friends agree that a social service club is a great idea, but agreeing to keep the big V until graduation is another story. Because Mandy, Kai, Debbie, and Eva are each hiding something from the others. Something important.

Their secrets may cost them a whole lot more than just a scholarship.

My Thoughts:
I expect so much out of Kate Brian because I adore the Private series. This was lacking. I believe the reason it was lacking was because she tried to have too many points of view with no real distinguishing characters. Yes the characters were all different but their voice was practically a copy of each other.

The whole plot was unique but not well filled. I felt that too many aspects were just left “as is” and many details were not needed but just filler.

I would recommend this to those people who have never read Kate Brian and wont have such high expectations.

Quotes:
Here is a random quote I found by opening to a random page:

“She’ll totally corrupt you.”

No comments: