Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wanderlust

*Barnes and Noble is acting up so no pictures*
Wanderlust
Lucy Silag
Razorbill
$16.99
December 2009
FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.

Total grade: B

Total rating: 15+


Summary: (amazon)
Will they save their lost friend before it’s too late?

Angst and betrayal abound as teens search the French countryside for their missing classmate in this exciting sequel to Beautiful Americans.

The book opens with PJ on a train, racing toward Rouen to meet her sister, Annabel. But Annabel’s life may be fraught with troubles far worse than her own.

Alex persuades Jay and Zack to hunt for PJ at one of her absentee father’s ritzy estates in the country. But a painful encounter with her dad leaves Alex weeping—on Jay’s shoulder. Three’s a crowd for Zack; he heads to Amsterdam seeking an old friend, and a place to belong.

Back in Paris, Olivia’s escapades with Thomas are interrupted when they discover reason to believe PJ is in more peril than she knows. Will the crew find PJ in time? Have they lost themselves along the way?

My Thoughts:
If you read the first Beautiful Americans book you fell in love with the characters and storyline. We were all left waiting for an answer to some very gripping questions. I hate to say it, but Wanderlust didn’t do anything for me. I felt as if the author had to dig for a plot. About half of the pages I feel were just fillers.

Would I recommend this book? Absolutely, because I loved the first book! I am hoping the final installment will be so much better!

Quotes:
Here is a random quote I found by opening to a random page:

I am laughing too hard to answer.

No comments: