Friday, March 12, 2010

Give up the Ghost

Cover Image
Give Up the Ghost
Megan Crewe
Henry Holt
$17.99
September 2009
FTC: I received this from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.

Total grade: C

Total rating: 13+

Summary: (Amazon)
A supernatural twist on the "Mean Girls" plot provides page-turning action. Cass McKenna sees ghosts. Her first spotting was her sister Paige, who failed to pass on to the afterlife following a drowning accident. Unfortunately for Cass, Paige and the ghosts that inhabit her school are her only friends. A junior-high bullying incident left her jaded and angry, and as revenge, she uses her supernatural informants to spill her classmates' juiciest secrets. When the student council VP discovers her covert ability, Cass unwillingly helps him contact his dead mother, leading to changes in her social status. Cass isn't the most lovable of protagonists, but her resentment is well developed and convincingly sustained throughout. Mysterious plot elements and the budding relationship between Cass and the VP will quickly engage reluctant readers

My Thoughts:
This book was not for me, I will admit that right off. I am not a paranormal fan but there have been a few lately that I actually LOVED. This was not one of them. I felt that the only real aspect of this book was paranormal. There seemed to be no close to life things I could connect to. There for I would only recommend this to fans of paranormal literature.

Quotes:
Here is a random quote I found by opening to a random page:

Back when we were innocent kids.

1 comment:

Precious said...

Great honest review! It's sad though that it didn't have close to life issues/events. It probably would have been more realistic if it had that. I've had this in my wishlist for a while and I almost bought it a few days ago. Right now, I'm not so sure.