A Field Guide for Heartbreakers
FTC: I received this from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.
Total grade: 85% B
Total rating: 14+
Best friends Dessy and Veronica arrive in
- Dress like you are the party.
- Explore the terrain. (Moderate stalking is totally allowed.)
- Be adventurous. And that means being prepared to hide in your suitcase.
- Ask questions that make your hot-dude feel smart.
- Gloss early, gloss often, and bring bum. Because a kiss can happen when you least expect it!
At first, Veronica's plan is working so well that Dessy thinks she might be a love genius. But soon it's clear that Operation Maneater has a few holes. Like its failure to anticipate crazy mixed signals--and worse, its mysterious tendency to plague a friendship with secrets and lies.
Well, no one ever said breaking hearts was a simple craft....
I adore the cover of this book. It is super cute and fun. Upon beginning to read this book I was surprised with the slow start. It was not what I was hoping or expecting to find. It took too long to really pick up, which messed up the plot for me. I felt kind of off and on about the characters. Sometimes I really liked them and others they were kind of blah. The romance in this book was super fun though. When things got moving it was much better. I recommend that all my chick-lit readers pick up a copy and head to the beach, or pool, or even the backyard.
- Teardrops on my Guitar (Taylor Swift)
- Solo (IYAZ)
- Forever & Always (Taylor Swift)
- Summer Boy (Lady Gaga)
- Picture to Burn (Taylor Swift)