Friday, May 22, 2009

Courage in Patience

There will be no cover because my computer has decided to piss me off.

Title: Courage in Patience
Author: Beth Fehlbaum

Grade: A
Rating: R--- extreme sexual violence at parts. Lots of swearing

Summary: Ashley Asher’s life can easily be described in one saying, “Effed up”. Her step dad gets off on treating poor Ashley like a piece of meat. It takes things getting super bad for Ashley to realize she cant fight anymore, that she shouldn’t have to. She must discover who she really is and that not every man is out there to get her. This lesson can only be learned through the pure love of her true father.

My thoughts: This was honestly the best book I have read in forever. The story portrayed honest emotions that at times made me feel that I was reading a non-fiction story. The characters were all unique, everyone could find themselves somewhere within the story. Never before have I found a novel that addresses broken families, sexual abuse, and racism so clearly. Beth dear, you have officially passed Judy Blume on my best authors list. That’s saying a lot!

Recommendation: Before you decide to read this make sure you are emotionally ready. The abuse in this novel is shown very strongly. I would wait until you are at least 14.

Up next: Going too Far

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Abuse isn't something that you take lightly and lot of authors portray it as not as bad as it is in real life. I might have to check it out.

Beth Fehlbaum, Author said...

Thank you SOOOO MUCH! You have absolutely made my day. PLEASE post your review on Amazon and B/N, too. I would really appreciate it. I am seeking a new publisher, and a review like yours could go a long way to helping me find one.
Again: thank you!
Beth Fehlbaum, author
Courage in Patience, a story of HOPE..
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
Ch. 1 is online!