Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Exposed

Cover Image
Exposed
Susan Vaught
Bloomsbury
$16.99
November 2008
FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.

Characters 12/20
Plot 16/20
Setting 15/20
Cover 18/20
Ending 15/20
Total grade: 76% C

Sexual content: 18/20
Violence: 0/20
Drugs: 4/20
Underage drinking: 4/20
Swearing: 10/20
Total rating: 16+ in cleanliness and connections.

Summary: (Barnes and Noble)
Chan Shealy’s got most things going right in her life—straight A’s, a shot at the regional majorette championships in baton twirling, and the best best friend a girl could wish for. But after the football quarterback spreads a vicious lie about her, and the whole school decides she’s too trashy for words, Chan begins to wonder if the only place she’ll find love is online.

She’s careful. She follows all her parents’ rules, mostly anyway. A girl’s got to trust herself at a certain point, right? But what if your gut is telling you something that you’re just not hearing… until it’s too late?

From the moment Chan logs on and meets Paul, until the truth begins to show through, Susan Vaught sends readers on a fast-paced and gripping ride. Even when you know something bad will happen, you still might not see it coming…

My Thoughts:
When I received this book in the mail I was super excited. It seemed like the kind of book I would love. To be honest it wasn’t anywhere near as good as I expected. I felt that the story took way to long to take off. Nobody likes a book that has 100 pages of nothingness.

I felt that some characters were extremely well developed and some were left up to the imagination. You need to develop all clearly in order to have a GREAT book.

I would recommend this book to older teens who don’t mind a long start to the plot.

Quotes:
Here is a random quote I found from opening to a random page:

“It’s not like you did anything illegal.”

No comments: