Monday, January 7, 2013

Must Monday

Must Monday is a feature I started years ago where I spotlight one book that is not out yet but I am dying to read and review.

Going VintageGoing Vintage
Lindsey Leavitt
Bloomsbury
3/26/2013









Synopsis:
When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn’t cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma’s list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy’s cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she’ll get it done. Somehow.

Why I want to read it: 
What a cute and unique idea. Sometimes I wish I had lived in a simpler time. This would be a nice escape from reality.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your book. Thanks for following. I followed you back. I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Goldie said...

Hi Ashley, I love this feature of yours. This is a good idea. There are several books I look forward to as well. :) Thanks for following me, now following you back via GFC. :)