Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Contest update

Okay so I have some updates you should know about. In order to win my most two recent contests all you have to do is give me a few sentences answering the question. Don't worry about following, you can if you want. All I have to say is you might want to because a special follower contest is coming up...

Thanks guys and PLEASE enter



Also on a side note....

A few minutes ago I was on The Story Sirens blog reading a recent post. It got me thinking... Why do so many bloggers start expecting to receive free books? I know that there are a ton of you out there who don't, so don't get me wrong. It just seems that so many of the newer blogs start after seeing the amount of ARCs that some of us older bloggers receive. I have had my blog for a little over a year. I know that's not super long but that's about the time the book blogging community began to grow. I did not receive any books the first 4 or 5 months that I didn't buy or get from BD's. You need to become known in the blogging community or to be frank, we wont like you. There are still times today I feel outside of some blogging groups. I didn't start when the first group did, but I started before the masses. That leaves me somewhere between an oldie and a newbie. I know for a fact that if when I started if I would have been snotty and expecting to get books I would be on the outs even more. If you want a united group who has your back you need to show respect for authors and bloggers. If you do, you will have a million people watching your back. If you cant respectful nobody is gonna give a cred about you.

That was kinda harsh, I know. But after reading all the stuff Kristy linked it was much needed. Don't go away from this post thinking we hate you if your a newbie. We don't! we want you to have the skills it takes to be well liked in the blogging community. I know I would be willing to chat with any of you new bloggers if you have any questions. I'm sure older bloggers Like http://www.thestorysiren.com/ and http://bookluver-carol.blogspot.com/ would be willing to as well. I didn't ask them, but they are pretty nice so I'm sure they wont mind :)

1 comment:

Liyana said...

Wow cool! I didn't even know about the contest till now. New follower. (: