Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Girl Like Me

Cover Image A Girl Like Me by Ni-Ni Simone
*This book will not get a full review, I basically hate it. I'd give it a big F!*
Elite has a rough life. She's in the ghetto with an addict for a mom and twin sisters. At least she has a good voice, but is that enough to save her and her family?
Honestly I thought this was a sucky, dull book. The plot was great but the way it was written ruined it for me. Reading should not dumb you down and make you lose braincells. This one felt like I was back in kindergarten reading Junie B. books. I'm not a gangster, alright? Stop talking to me like I am. English. That's what we speak in America!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hahaha this made me laugh (:

Bookworm said...

Yikes...I hate bad books. ):

stargirlreads said...

Ha yeah I was a little (a lot) disappointed