Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blogger Interview

Today I have Aimee from http://www.myflutteringheart.blogspot.com/ here to chat. Remember if you want to be interviewed please leave your email as a comment.

1. When did you start reviewing? Why?
I started my fluttering heart in October of 2008, but it was mainly as a diary entry type scheme so I could keep track of all the perfectly pretty things the world has to offer. I didn't expect people to read it! Then I noticed on other blogs that there were book reviews, and it was like I'd had a brainsnap the entire time I had been blogging previously, and now I had seen the light: "You mean, I can blog? About my favourite thing in the whole wide world? And analyse them to death? And other people might read it? And agree with me? And disagree with me? Wow."<------Those were my brain's thoughts, in consecutive order. And here I am!

2. What book should be a movie? Tv series?
For movies, I would love to see The Knife of Letting Go by Patrick Ness on the silver screen. Such an amazingly original, adventurous, romantic, dystopian YA novel. I think it would be a total rollercoaster ride and I would love every thrill-seeking minute and I promise I would only stop to vomit AFTER it had finished the ride. That's how good the book was. It would translate perfectly into a movie -seriously. I heart it very much. As for a TV series - I would dearly love to see Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle Trilogy (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels and A Sweet, Far Thing) be played out in a series. These books have such a beautiful eye for detail - I can see me rushing home from work to watch every episode of the girls in the boarding school - experiencing the perils of life in their flouncy Victorian petticoats, and then after a couple of episodes have everything turned upside down by their understanding that they have magic powers and can travel to another world! I think it's the type of series where you would miss all the gorgeous little details if it was only made into a 2 hour movie for each book.

3. How do you feel about authors all making prequels?
I love prequels as long as they're done well. Prequels should bring something new to the story, as well as fleshing out the original. Authors shouldn't just be writing prequels to cash in on adding more to a series - but I definitely think a fan to the series would enjoy knowing more about what the author thought might have happened in the history of their beloved characters.

4. Do you have an opinion on the lit assigned in school?
I always felt like I was lucky to read the books I did during school. They were never books that I would've chosen to read myself, and I only read them at the time because I had to - but now, years later, I think I understand the messages contained within them and some of them have become my absolute favourites! I trust english teachers with my (reading) life.

5. Do you review every book you read?
I do now!

6. Whats unique about your blog?
my fluttering heart is just that - my heart. I say things about books and movies on there that I might say in real life, but I have time to think about it so they sound better than just spontanously speaking - or at least to me they do! I feel like every day I stab this magic hospital needle into my arteries and draw out my brain's thinkings and my heart's exciteable nature - there's a lot of blood, sweat and tears that go into my reviews, but even if they're ugly thoughts, they're true to me. My reviews would never pander to the publishers - if I don't like a book I'm going to say I don't like it and then say why. Blog With Integrity, people!! *pumps fist into the air*

7. Whats unique about you?
I love beauty in anything INSTANTLY to DEATH AND BEYOND- it can be overwhelming! I like to be creative in everything I do. I get so passionate and obsessed with so many things that it becomes a health risk - I'm completely and utterly distracted from the real world by whatever pretty, sparkly thing crosses my path. If I could die with only sparkles and gold glitter and faeries in my vision I would die a happy girl. I don't pretend to think i'm completely unique, or at least not completely original. But I'd love to find more people out there like me. :)

8. Do you plan to review for a long time?
I certainly hope so. As long as I continue to have the support of the big wide blogosphere nothing can stop me!

No comments: