Monday, October 19, 2009

Breaking Dawn

Details
Title: Breaking Dawn
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Publisher: Little Brown
Price: $22.99 USD HB
Release: August 2008

Grade: B
Rating: 15+

Summary: (Amazon.com)
Bella’s story plays out in some unexpected ways. The ongoing conflicts that made this series so compelling--a human girl in love with a vampire, a werewolf in love with a human girl, the generations-long feud between werewolves and vampires--resolve pretty quickly, apparently so that Meyer could focus on Bella’s latest opportunity for self-sacrifice: giving her life for someone she loves even more than Edward. How close she comes to actually making that sacrifice is questionable, which is a big shift from the earlier books. Even though you knew Bella would make it through somehow, the threats to her life, and to her relationship with Edward, had previously always felt real.

My Thoughts:
I have been a big fan of the Twilight Saga from book one. I admitted that I couldn’t stand New Moon though. I would not say I couldn’t stand this book but I will say that some parts were a bit too dull. If there was not enough to fill all 700+ pages maybe she should have cut back. There were pointless, over repeated details. I got the feeling that the reader was almost being talked down to because of the repetition.

Overall this was a good book with a few new details but I felt the details needed more work.

No comments: