Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blogger Interview

Today Christina from http://www.flipthepagebookreview.blogspot.com/ is here to chat. If you would like to be interviewed please comment with your email address.

1.Do you have any must haves for blogging? Snacks? Music?

A: Well i LOVE to have my ipod on while I'm blogging! I have a habit of making playlists for everything so I'm constantly listening to music 24/7! Snacks are an absolute no no when it comes to the computer! While im on the computer i have these little flashes of me spilling juice or something all over the keyboard and the modem! I'm getting anxious just thinking about it!

2. What book did you struggle to get into but end up loving?
A: The Pace by Shelena Shorts was a little lifeless in the beginning but as i read more and more into it i started getting the feel of the characters and i ended up falling in love with it! It's a relief when the books endings are well worth the wait! Another book that was kind of like that was the first of the combined volumes of The Vampire Diaries (The Awakening and The Struggle)! At first i was really disinterested in the characters but by the end of The Struggle i was just begging for more!

3.What is your favorite book you’ve read this past month?
A: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick was BEYOND amazing! Also, How It Ends by Laura Weiss! Patch is such a hottie and the plot was crazy awesome! How It Ends seriously had me bawling crying, laughing hysterically and gasping in horror all within the same book! Both of those books are forever on my Favorites list now!

4. What does your review system look like?
A: I have a simple review system- Total Bomb, So So, Great and Incredible. Right now I'm working on breaking it down a little bit like including character, plot, cover and ending ratings, so followers should definitely be looking out for that soon. I'm a real sucker when it comes to rating books because i've never had a Total Bomb and i barely have any So So's. I try to find the good in every novel so i don't think I'll ever be like "Oh My God this book freaking sucked!" But in my reviews i always try to be as honest as possible!

5. Do you like looking at the marketing plans on the back of ARC’s? Why or why not?

A: I just started getting ARC's so everything about them fascinates me! I feel like if i open them there is gonna be like a million bucks in there or something! I'm a real business minded person so i try to suck in as much stuff about marketing, trades and publicity as possible.

6. Do you like reading or writing more?
A: That is a super hard one! My ultimate dream in life is to be a YA writer! I'm currently working on a couple of projects right now so of course i'd love to be published on day. However, being an author, a successful author at that is extremely hard to do! You have to be really artistictly gifted to dedicate all your time and effort into something that will really sell and get the public's attention and i'm really not sure if i have that or not! Reading is more of a hobby then a job to me so it really doesn't take a lot to do. With writing you have to give your all and at this point in my life i really don't have that much to give!

7. Complete this sentence: Reading is…
A: Essential to our lives. A passion, a love and an escape. You can go anywhere or do anything just with the will to read.

8. Would you prefer sappy books or gory books? Why?
A: I love books with lessons. Reading is a way for me to kind of learn not to make some kinds of mistakes without really making them myself! I guess those kinds of books are usually more sappy! Gory boks are great too but i'm into the romance and the life lessons and the heartbreak more then the mystery and suspense! Of course if you know a book that has all that please let me know because it would be a dream!

No comments: