Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Policy's- Important

Recently it has become important for bloggers to have a policy in place for contests and such. I would like to thank Kristy from thestorysiren.com for bringing this to my attention. Please take a moment to read this as it is all important.

Contest Policy:

Please read before entering any contests that I host:

  • If you leave me an email I will get in contact with you to let you know you have won. If you don’t leave me an email another winner will be selected.
  • After I email you, I give you three days to respond. If you don’t email me back I will select a new winner.
  • Contests are only open to US residence unless otherwise noted.

Privacy Policy:

I know I have many readers on my blog and that not all of you are 13 or older. In order to enter my contest you need to be 13+ or use a parents email, not your own. This is the general age that all sites use (i.e. Facebook, and web contests).

When you enter my contest you are leaving an email. I do not use your email for anything other then contacting you if you win. I can not promise however that someone else may leave your personal information be. Feel free to use an alias but I need the email. If you are fewer than 13 years of age simply comment and say that you are under 13 but would like to be entered. Then have your parent leave a separate comment with their email.

If you are the winner of a contest you will have to give me your address. If you are under 13 I will need the address to come from your parents. Obviously I can’t prove that it’s them emailing me but please be honest for your own personal safety! After your book or prize is sent I will no longer keep your address or contact info. I will also not give it away nor sell it.

I care for all of my readers so please be careful with the information you share here and on any site. Once I figure out how to use a form I will so your info will be kept protected even more!

No comments: