Friday, November 13, 2009

Lipstick Apology

Cover Image

Title: Lipstick Apology
Author: Jennifer Jabaley
Publisher: Razor bill
Price: $9.99 USD
Release: August 2009
FTC: I received this book from the publisher before December 2009.

Grade: A
Rating: 13+

Summary: (Amazon)
Sometimes a good-bye is just the beginning…
When Emily Carson’s parents die in a plane crash, she’s left with nothing but her mother’s last words scrawled in lipstick on a tray table: “Emily, please forgive me.”
Now its fall and Emily moves to New York City— where she attracts the attention of two very different boys: the cute, popular Owen, and her quirky chemistry partner, Anthony. With the help of some surprising new friends, Emily must choose between the boy who helps her forget and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately heal.

My Thoughts:
I hadn’t been expecting much when I picked up this novel because I hadn’t seen a ton of greatness from debut authors lately. Damn was I mistaken!!! This is possibly the best book I have read in the past few months! I loved how honest it was and how realistic the emotions were. I did predict the ending from the start but it was the only ending that would make me happy!

Owen reminded me so much of a guy I know, as did Anthony. I had my fun with my own Owen in the same way Emily did. I also realized I liked my Anthony as she did. Luckily for her it wasn’t too late.

The death was handled very tactfully and I felt the Emily was shown going through a real grieving process. None of this, oh dang they’re dead, moving on crap. I loved how Jolie and Emily had to lean on each other to make it through.

So as for whom I recommend this to I’d say all teen girls. There were so many real aspects in it that are important. Teenage drinking (and throwing up), the keeping of the V-card, and break-ups. Not all of us have lost are parents but that’s an important issue as well. So go buy a copy now. DON’T WAIT

Random Quote: *Opening book to random page* The page is 128. *Touching random spot*

“Honey, I’m home,” I called as I practically skipped through the front door of the apartment that afternoon. “How was your day? Mine was blissfully wonderfully awesome!”

No comments: