Sunday, April 11, 2010

Guest Review: Linger

My Lovely friend Sarah reviewed Linger! I wont be posting her whole review here because I want to encourage you to visit her blog! Her blog can be found: http://booksaremybff.blogspot.com/2010/03/linger.html

Linger

Maggie Stiefvater

Scholastic Press

Release Date: July 1, 2010

FTC: I am reviewing this book for a friend who receivied it from a publisher. I am not receiving compensation and am providing an honest review.

From the Back of the Book:

Their eyes, human eyes in wolf skulls,

remind me of water: the clear blue of

water reflecting the spring sky, the brown

of a brook churning with rainfall, the

green of the lake in summer as the algae

begins to bloom, the gray of a snow-choked

river. It used to be only Sam's yellow eyes

that watched me from between the rain-

soaked birches, but now I feel the weight

of the entire pack's gaze. The weight of

things known, things unsaid.


My Thoughts:

You'll have to go to her blog for this one :)

Recommendations: Everyone! There are so many elements composed in this book, which makes me think it has something for everybody.

Grade: again check her blog for this :)

Age: 15 and up

Quote: "Surrounded by wolves, I sat on the forest floow as the sun sank in the sky and the shadows of the pines grew, and I wondered how much time I had." ~ Grace

No comments: