Friday, April 30, 2010

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan

Cover Image

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan

Sophie Kinsella

Delta Fiction

$11.95

March 2004

FTC: This is my book. I am not being compensated in any manor for reviewing this book.


Characters 20/20

Plot 20/20

Setting 20/20

Cover 15/20

Ending 20/20

Total grade: 95% A


Sexual content: mild

Violence: none

Drugs: none

Underage drinking: none

Swearing: heavy

Total rating: 14+


Summary: (Amazon)

With her shopping excesses (somewhat) in check and her career as a TV financial guru thriving, Becky’s biggest problem seems to be tearing her entrepreneur boyfriend, Luke, away from work for a romantic country weekend. And worse, figuring out how to pack light. But packing takes on a whole new meaning when Luke announces he’s moving to New York for business—and he asks Becky to go with him! Before you can say “Prada sample sale,” Becky has landed in the Big Apple, home of Park Avenue penthouses and luxury boutiques.

Surely it’s only a matter of time until she becomes an American TV celebrity, and she and Luke are the toast of Gotham society. Nothing can stand in their way, especially with Becky’s bills miles away in London. But then an unexpected disaster threatens her career prospects, her relationship with Luke, and her available credit line!


My Thoughts:

The first book in this series was goo but not great! I can honestly say that this second installment has made the series amazing. This was too good to put down at many times.


Becky is flat our hilarious. I was laughing with her at some many points. I felt a special bond with her. When things weren’t going her way I was upset as well. The plot was flawless. I was engrossed in the British woman in America story. She just couldn’t comprehend some of our customs, such as the fact that dollars are real money.


The setting was vivid. I loved that it was two big towns, compared and contrasted. The cover could have been better if it was less cartoon and more true-to-life. As far as the ending, it was FANTASTIC! I could see it coming but it’s what I was rooting for all along.


I recommend this to those who love chick-lit and also those in need of a laugh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE these books - I actually laughed out loud while reading them!