Friday, April 16, 2010

Runaway

Cover Image

Runaway

Meg Cabot

Point

$16.99

April 20th 2010

FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.


Characters 20/20

Plot 18/20

Setting 20/20

Cover 20/20

Ending 20/20

Total grade: 98% A


Sexual content: mild

Violence: mild

Drugs: none

Underage drinking: moderate

Swearing: moderate

Total rating: 15+


Summary: (Amazon)

Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.

With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.

Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.

With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.

Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved--since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed--this time, permanently?

Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running.

My Thoughts:

I have been a huge Meg Cabot fan for many years. It all started with The Princess Diaries. Actually, when I think back to the start of my blog I see Airhead. The reason I see it is because it was the first ARC I ever received. I had reviewed quite a few books but they mostly were my own. Airhead started the flow!


Needless to say I have adored this series. It could be considered mild science-fiction. I can’t stand science-fiction normally but these were just amazing. The characters were awesome and easy to connect with. The personalities of each one were vividly portrayed.


The end of this book was great. I felt that it tied up all the loose strings. I prefer endings like that. Especially since this is the final book. I’m also glad it ends here because it is great but long series like these start to get dull and repetitive. Great choice Meg!


I recommend this book to pretty much everyone. Even my friends who usually hate reading have fallen for this series!

No comments: