Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ripley's

Cover Image

Creepy Stuff

Mary Packard

Scholastic

$4.99

March 2002

FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.


Total grade: B


Total rating: 12+


Summary: (Amazon)

CREEPY STUFF is packed with the strangest and spookiest facts. Readers can test their own psychic ability by taking the Believe it or Not! Quizzes and Ripley’s Brain Busters along the way. Take a peek and be amazed at the spine-tingling world around you!


My Thoughts:

This was probably the coolest of the three Ripley’s books they sent me. It was fun to see all the weird little tidbits and a few things really did creep me out. I would recommend this book to kids interested in weird facts.


Strange School Stories

Mary Packard

Scholastic

$4.99

April 2010

FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.


Total grade: B

Total rating: 10+


Summary: (Amazon)

How would you like to meet a dog with a college degree? Or better yet, an 84-year-old first grader? Want to know how one coach got his team to swim? He dropped a crocodile in the pool, of course! School reading has never been so fun with is wild collection of school-based stories. They will fill your mind with odd-ucational wonder!


My Thoughts:

This one was pretty cool. Not all of the tidbits were shocking but it was still fun to read. Some of the classes listed were pretty crazy! I would recommend this book to teachers and students.


Cover Image

Worlds Weirdest Critters

Mary Packard

Scholastic

$4.99

September 2001

FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.


Total grade: B

Total rating: 10+


Summary: (Amazon)

Robert Ripley explored more than 190 countries seeking the bizarre. Worlds WEIRDEST CRITTERS is packed with wild and wacky animal facts from Ripleys updated collection. Readers can also test their own critter smarts by taking the Who am I? quizzes and Ripleys Brain Busters along the way, to discover the amazing things some animals will do.


My Thoughts:

This was probably my least favorite of them all but it was still good. If you have a fascination with animals this is the book for you!

No comments: