Friday, August 7, 2009

Blogger Interview

Today I have my good friend Lexi from http://www.anotherpageisused.blogspot.com/ here to chat. I love this girl and I hope you all will too!

1. How long have you been blogging? What made you start?
I have been blogging for a year. When I joined a site called BookDivas, I saw that almost everyone there has a book blog. I thought that having one would be a lot of fun, so I made my blog.

2. Favorite book you've received in the past 6 months to review?
Wow, that's a hard one. I think it's probably a tie between The Lost Summer by Kathryn Williams, Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick and Exposed by Susan Vaught.

3. Who is the blogger you are closest to? Do you communicate a lot?
The blogger I'm closest to is you, Ashley. Haha we talk everyday. (:

4. Best advice for new bloggers?
My advice would be to not expect much fast. It takes awhile to get your blog started and to get lots of followers.

5. Do you think adults should tell teens what they can/cant read?
No, I don't. Teens enjoy different books and the main part of reading is to learn. Who are we supposed to learn if we can't read about new, interesting things?

6. What is your opinion of sexuality in teen books?
Sexuality in books doesn't bother me. I think it's a fact of life. If you can't read about it then how are you going to do it? Teens are getting more mature faster in their lives so reading can help prepare us.

7. Has a book ever really touched you? What book?
A lot of books have touched me, I don't think I can really pick one. Maybe The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold or Impulse by Ellen Hopkins.

8. Do you ever review adult or younger readers books?
On occasion I will review an adult book, but I try to stick to Young Adult.

Thanks for coming Lexi. If you would like to be interviewed please email me.

1 comment:

nadine said...

I like your answer to number 6. i totally agree. especially when parents neglect to talk to their kids about it and such.