Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Interview

Today I have Krista here from http://towerofbooks.wordpress.com for an interview. Read what she has to say.

1. Who inspired you to begin blogging?
No one really inspired me to begin blogging specifically about books, but I've wanted to have a review blog for a long time. I even set up an anime blog, which I stopped updating after the first review. I think one day last summer I found Susan's blog and decided to set up a book blog. Long summer days can make me act on a whim.

2. Do you have a favorite author to contact?
Hmm, I don't really talk to many authors as much as I'd like, but I do follow them on twitter or their blogs. Some of my favorite blogs or twitter followers are Jackson Pearce, John Green, Frank Portman, and Lisa Schroeder.

3. Does blogging take a lot of your time?
Maintaining my blog does not take a lot of time. A typical review for me takes about 30-60 minutes. Other posts generally take less time than that. What does take a lot of time is following and commenting on other blogs. If I stopped doing that, however, I would not enjoy blogging as much as I do.

4. Do books influence choices you make in your life?
Good question! While I'm sure books have influenced my choices (I mean how could they not?), it's in those small seemingly insignificant ways, so I can't really pinpoint specific examples.

5. Have you ever had a role model from a book?
Another good question! For a long time, Jerry Renault from The Chocolate War was my role model. I don't really see him as a role model now, but I would like to be more like him in some aspects. In the novel, he is a nonconformist no matter how much he is tormented, and I would like to be like that too.

6. Favorite picture book as a child?
The Mouse books by Kevin Henkes.

7. Do you mind reviewing younger kids books?
Not really, but I would not want to review too many because generally, they don't appeal to me as much as YA novels.

8. How about adult books?
Pretty much the same as younger kids books. :)

Thanks again Krista. If you want an interview please email me.