Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Guest review

Wow it's been a while since I've had a guest review. The blog spotlighted in this one is: http://bookworm0440.blogspot.com/ be sure to check it out.

Title: I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone

Author: Stephenie Kuehnert

Summary: The Clash. Social Distortion. Dead Kennedys. Patti Smith. The Ramones.Punk rock is in Emily Black's blood. Her mother, Louisa, hit the road to follow the incendiary music scene when Emily was four months old and never came back. Now Emily's all grown up with a punk band of her own, determined to find the tune that will bring her mother home. Because if Louisa really is following the music, shouldn't it lead her right back to Emily?

Review: This is the debut novel by Stephenie Keuhnert and I absolutely love it!! This story dealt with so much emotion and it was written beautifully. With stories told from both Emily and Louisa, you get total understanding of the story. You feel sympathetic for both Emily and Louisa and find yourself cheering them on in their lowest points. This book definitely showed how real life can be and showed the horrors of drugs and alcohol. Emily's story was just so real and I just completely fell in love with her character. I was definitely crying at the end of this book. This book gets beyond 5 stars and I cannot wait for her next novel coming out later this year!! Warning: There is reference to alcohol, drug use, and other very serious issues

Thanks so much to bookworm for this fabulous review. If you would like to post a review on my blog please email me!

No comments: